Thursday, August 31, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN


Thirteen Snippets From SunshineBlues Favorite Songs
Can you guess which these are and who sang them?
Some songs were sang by different people!
Don't Go Away Not Knowing The Songs! Click here!

1. Standing by the highway suitcase by my side
No place I want to go, I just thought I'd catch a ride
Many people look my way and many pass me by
In moments of reflection, I wonder why
To the thieves I am a bandit, the mothers think I'm a son
To the preachers I'm a sinner, Lord, I'm not the only one

2. I had a friend who was a big baseball player back in high school
He could throw that speedball by you
Make you look like a fool boy
Saw him the other night at this roadside bar I was walking in and he was walking out
We went back inside sat down, had a few drinks but all he kept talking about was...

3. I loved you since I knew ya
I wouldn't talk down to ya
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy
I know my mind is made up
So put away your make up
Told you once I won't tell you again it's a bad way

4. Wake up Maggie I think I've got something to say to you.
It's late September and I really should be back at school.
I know I keep you amused, but I feel I'm being used.
Oh Maggie I couldn`t have tried any more.
You lured me away from home, just to save you from being alone.
You stole my heart, and that's what really hurts.

5. Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine

6. I was cutting the rug
Down at a place called "The Jug"
With a girl named Linda Lu
When in walked a man
With a gun in his hand
And he was looking for you know who.
He said, "Hey there fellow
with the hair colored yellow.
Whatcha trying to prove?
"Cause that's my woman there
And I'm a man who cares,
And this might be all for you!"

7. Tonight with words unspoken
You say that I'm the only one
But will my heart be broken
When the night meets the morning sun?

I'd like to know that your love
Is love I can be sure of
So tell me now, and I won't ask again

8. "There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

9. Come on go with me, babe
Come on go with me, girl
Baby, lets go
To the cabin down below

I got a radio
Put it on soft and low
Baby, lets go
To the cabin down below

10. There's a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

11. Mary Anne and Wanda were the best of friends
All through thier high school days
Both members of the 4H club
Both active in the FFA
After graduation Mary Anne went out lookin'
for a bright new world
Wanda looked all around this town
And all she found was...

12. Blame it all on my roots
I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair
The last one to know
The last one to show
I was the last one
You thought you'd see there
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said, honey, we may be through
But you'll never hear me complain

13. On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Don't Go Away Not Knowing The Songs! Click here!

Sunshine Rays Given

Rays Returned "THURSDAY THIRTEEN"

Blogger Mandy shined ... (8/30/2006 11:15 PM) : 

I'm worlds worst at knowing names and singers but I know most of those songs and will be singing a couple all night long! Great list!

Blogger Knitting Maniac shined ... (8/30/2006 11:15 PM) : 

Ok ... I know that # 2 is Glory Days by Bruce. 13 is Hotel California. 11 is Goodbye Earl. 10 is Stairway to Heaven (you made my husband's night with that one).

Happy TT!

Anonymous guppyman shined ... (8/30/2006 11:21 PM) : 

I got 8 on just a glance.... with a little time, I could probably get most...

Name that tune is my game....

Blogger Tug shined ... (8/30/2006 11:22 PM) : 

ooh.......you got me thinking. Some came easy, some I'll probably never get.

Mine's up!

Blogger MysteriousLady shined ... (8/30/2006 11:22 PM) : 

I actually knew a few of those! Kewl! Happy Thursday!

Blogger PresentStorm shined ... (8/30/2006 11:25 PM) : 

Cool Idea for a TT... Hubby does a name that tune sometimes.. you should check it out. I am terrible at it. I am better at name that tune with it playing ..lol

Blogger Lisa shined ... (8/30/2006 11:31 PM) : 

I knew about half and I laughed when I saw the line to Hotel California ... where it says "cool wind in my hair .." my mom thought it was COOLANT in my hair (uhhh what?). She still sings it that way.

Good idea for a TT - happy Thursday and thanks for coming by Snarkypants!

Anonymous Kelli shined ... (8/30/2006 11:31 PM) : 

Okay...
#2 is Glory Days/Bruce Springsteen
# 12 is I've Got Friends in Low Places/Garth Brooks
#13 is Hotel California/Eagles.
The others sound so familiar. I will have to come back and check the answers! Happy TT!

Blogger Tina shined ... (8/30/2006 11:42 PM) : 

I only got #13. Haha. My friends and I used to do spoofs of that song. :P

Happy Thursday! :)

Blogger Lisa shined ... (8/30/2006 11:47 PM) : 

Oh my goodness, I only recognized about 3 of those... #5, #11 & #12

Thanks for stopping by my 13!

Blogger Lindsay shined ... (8/30/2006 11:50 PM) : 

I recognized....
4 5 11 12 13
Awesome list

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD shined ... (8/30/2006 11:59 PM) : 

I love music particularly the soft ones. I'm not very keen with looking at lyrics, titles or singers but can recognize the song I know one when I hear it. However, #5 and 7 I was familiarized immediately.
Thanks for stopping by.

Blogger Southern Girl shined ... (8/31/2006 12:07 AM) : 

I only knew #5 and 12 for sure, but it's funny about #2 -- a friend of mine used the first line of that one as the title of a post on her blog. She loves Bruce Springsteen and REM, so might that be from either of them? :)

My TT is up, too:
http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com

Blogger Kimmy shined ... (8/31/2006 12:13 AM) : 

Fun (and frustrating) list! I can't think of many...
4. Rod Stewart
5. Three Dog Night
8. Bob Dylan
11. Dixie Chicks
12. Garth Brooks
13. Eagles

Happy T13! My list's up!

Anonymous LaDonna shined ... (8/31/2006 1:21 AM) : 

Wow, that's amazing how I recognized all those lyrics, yet couldn't put titles to them. LOL I guess that means I should go to bed.

Happy TT!

Blogger Tracie shined ... (8/31/2006 1:39 AM) : 

I am pretty sad....most of them seemed familiar, but I couldn't think of a title or artist to save my life.

My TT is up!

Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) shined ... (8/31/2006 2:16 AM) : 

i know 4,5, and 8

others seemed familiar but wasn't sure about them

Blogger factor 10 shined ... (8/31/2006 2:45 AM) : 

Argh! I couldn't get #'s 1, 7, and 9. This will drive me crazy.

Blogger bernie shined ... (8/31/2006 3:00 AM) : 

I have mine up at TT - 13 Viruses Thursday

Blogger Tink shined ... (8/31/2006 4:25 AM) : 

I recognized some, but not all. Will you post the right answers? I'm curious!
My TT is about online book/cd/dvd stores.

Blogger MommyBa shined ... (8/31/2006 4:41 AM) : 

Is #1 Hotel California? Hehehehe! I have to figure out the other songs.

You have a fun list to read this week! I love it!

Happy Thursday!

Blogger Lazy Daisy shined ... (8/31/2006 7:21 AM) : 

Wow what a fun list....I never knew what the lyrics were on so many of these songs.

Blogger TC shined ... (8/31/2006 8:24 AM) : 

Wow what a fun TT! That was great!

Anonymous Jenny Ryan shined ... (8/31/2006 8:36 AM) : 

13-Hotel California, The Eagles
9-Tom Petty Down Below, Cabin Down Below, something like that
5-I want to say Joy to the world, but I'm not sure if that's the title or not
4-Just know it's Rod Stewart

Blogger *Skittles* shined ... (8/31/2006 9:18 AM) : 

I know so many of them but it is too early for me to figure them out. LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Blogger Margaret shined ... (8/31/2006 9:21 AM) : 

2 and 11 are stumping me, but I sure know all the rest. Great 13 Sunshine!

Blogger Ardice shined ... (8/31/2006 9:22 AM) : 

I know about half of these songs. Oh and I just know a couple of them will be going through my head for the next few days. *hehehe*

Thanks for stopping by my TT. Have a wonderful Thursday.

Blogger Laurel Wreath shined ... (8/31/2006 10:01 AM) : 

Great TT, thanks for visiting my blog. Loved reading the song lyrics, I am so bad at figuring them out though.... =)

Blogger Heather Smith shined ... (8/31/2006 10:08 AM) : 

I know a few of those! Several funny ones in there!

Blogger Zeus shined ... (8/31/2006 10:14 AM) : 

Ha! What a great idea for a list! I think everyone named all of the songs before me, but that didn't mean I didn't have any fun nonetheless!

Thanks for visiting me today, and happy Thursday to you!

Blogger Wicked Witch shined ... (8/31/2006 10:17 AM) : 

If this was a test, I failed.

Anonymous Stacy shined ... (8/31/2006 10:26 AM) : 

Great T13, I love ones like this! I knew a bunch, Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Garth and a couple of others, had fun trying to figure them all out :)

Have a wonderful day, thanks for stopping by mine earlier!!!

Blogger Nikkie shined ... (8/31/2006 11:08 AM) : 

Oh, I'm not sure I know some of these! I know the Rod Stewart one! Great list!

Blogger Deb shined ... (8/31/2006 11:29 AM) : 

Carol King #7 and I can't believe how many of these that you listed that I still love and know the words to!

Have a great Thursday! My TT is up, too!

Anonymous wrigley shined ... (8/31/2006 11:53 AM) : 

wow, where have i been? i dont seem to know any of these songs.

thanks for dropping by!

Blogger Amanda shined ... (8/31/2006 12:15 PM) : 

Several of these are familiar. Coul only remember 2 of the top of my head...
#4 Rod Sterwart (Maggie May)
#13 Eagles (Hotel California)

Anonymous Christina shined ... (8/31/2006 12:43 PM) : 

I'll admit that I'm not good at all at song lyrics, but this was such a creative idea for a T13 :)

Thanks for visiting my list and for your prayers. Very much appreciated.

Blogger PixiePincessMom shined ... (8/31/2006 12:55 PM) : 

ok, off the top of my head I can name 12: I got friends in low places Garth Brooks. I'd have to research to name the others.

Thanks for visiting me today! :-)

Anonymous Ma shined ... (8/31/2006 12:55 PM) : 

Great thirteen, but I'm afraid I don't know most of the songs.

I'm up.

Blogger Christine shined ... (8/31/2006 12:56 PM) : 

Great list! I knew at least half of them. Please post an ansewer list, I know I'm not the only curious one who wants to know!! :P
Have a great Thursday!

Blogger Aginoth shined ... (8/31/2006 12:59 PM) : 

I think I recognise all those :o)

thx for visiting my TT

Blogger mar shined ... (8/31/2006 1:05 PM) : 

I only know 5 of them and LOVE them all:
3: The Police, Roxanne
4: Rod Stewart, Maggie May
7: Carole King, will you still love me tomorrow
10: Led Zeppelin, Stairway to heaven
13: Eagles, Hotel California
Great songs! happy TT!

Blogger Measi shined ... (8/31/2006 1:14 PM) : 

#1 sounds familiar, but I can't place it, dammit.

Here are the others I know...

2) Glory Days- Springsteen
3) Roxanne- Police
4) Maggie May-Stewart
5) Joy to the World- Three Dog Night
12) Friends in Low Places- Garth Brooks
13) Hotel California - Eagles

Anonymous Karen shined ... (8/31/2006 2:05 PM) : 

ROXANNNEEEEE.. love your choices- Maggie May, U2- great list!! thanks for visiting!

Blogger crygibb shined ... (8/31/2006 2:21 PM) : 

Great list. Thanks for visiting mine. happy thursday

Blogger Barbara shined ... (8/31/2006 2:23 PM) : 

#5 is the only one I recognized but didn't remember who sang it.

My Thursday Thirteen is up.

Blogger Susan shined ... (8/31/2006 2:38 PM) : 

Great list! Thanks for stopping by today! Always nice to meet new people!

Blogger YellowRose shined ... (8/31/2006 2:38 PM) : 

1. Magic Mirror - Leon Russell
2. Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
3. Roxanne - Police
4. Maggie May - Rod Stewart
5. Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
6. Gimme Three Steps - Lynard Skynyrd
7. Will You Love Me Tomorrow - Debbie Gibson
8. All Along the Watchtower - Bob Dylan
9. Cabin Down Below - Tom Petty
10. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepplin
11. Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
12. Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
13. Hotel California - Eagles

Can you tell I like music?! ;)

Love this list! Happy Thursday!

Blogger something blue shined ... (8/31/2006 3:32 PM) : 

The classics! It's funny how reading those lyrics automatically makes me hear the tune of these anthem songs. Famous modern poetry!

Blogger Jodi shined ... (8/31/2006 4:10 PM) : 

Oh I love your list!! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Thursday!

Blogger C.A.Marks shined ... (8/31/2006 9:37 PM) : 

I'm not good with guessing lyrics but I do like music. I did recognize some of the songs and they were great, of course!

Thanks for stopping by my place and commenting.

Blogger crse shined ... (8/31/2006 11:30 PM) : 

Wow I got 8 out of 13. Im kind of proud of myself! Happy TT!!!

Blogger Karen shined ... (9/01/2006 6:21 AM) : 

EARL! I think the song isn't that great, but it's one of those that you just recall immediately! Thanks for visiting my TT! See you next week!

Anonymous Janet shined ... (9/01/2006 10:47 AM) : 

Oooh, I did this a few weeks back on a T13! Let's see how I do with yours:

1. don't know this one.
2. Bruce! Glory Days.
3. Police, Roxanne (love it!)
4. ahhh, Rod Stewart, back when he was good! Maggie May, another of my favs.
5. 3 Dog Night, Joy To The World
6. Gimme 3 Steps, Lynyrd Skynyrd (points for spelling it correctly?)
7. don't know
8. Jimi Hendrix (or Bob Dylan), All Along the Watchtower
9. don't know
10. LED ZEPPELIN!!! Stairway to Heaven. Ooooh, I love me some Zep! Saw Robert Plant in concert last year, his vocal range is STILL amazing!
11. don't know
12. don't know
13. Eagles, Hotel California

That was fun!

Blogger NOLADawn shined ... (9/01/2006 9:35 PM) : 

Love all those classic rock songs!

Blogger Jersey Girl shined ... (9/04/2006 2:55 PM) : 

Springsteen, #2...a jersey girl certainly recognizes that one!

Make My SunShine